Interior Home Care Taking Care of the Inside – Do’s and Don’ts
- Do seal your basement floor with latex floor paint to keep the dust level down.
- Do change your furnace filter at least every month during the heating season and every 3 months otherwise.
- Do use both a dehumidifier and humidifier system at the appropriate times of the year.
- Don’t finish your basement until after the second year.
- Don’t use strong abrasive cleaners on bathtubs, sinks and showers.
- Don’t wash or damp mop hardwood flooring with water – do clean with a vacuum cleaner, dry dust mop or a cloth lightly dipped in a waterless soap cleanser.
- Don’t leave your home unheated during cold weather or pipes may freeze.